[mythtv-users] Incorrect time when viewing recording in progress

Doug Larrick doug at ties.org
Tue Oct 19 11:48:46 UTC 2004

Kyle Rose wrote:
> Lately, it seems as if the total recording time indicated by "I" when
> watching a recording in progress stays where it was when first
> selecting to play back the recording.
>
> I don't remember having this problem in the past: the recording time
> would correctly increase as the recording was being viewed.  Then
> again, this problem only appears to happen with HDTV, and I only
> recently started watching a lot of HDTV.
>
> This is a problem because I can't pause the recording or rewind when
> past the "end" of the recording without the frontend going batty and
> needing to be restarted.
>
> Any clues?

1. Check your database.  Run the mysqlcheck command as described in the
docs.
2. Make sure you have data in your 'recordedmarkup' table in the
database, for the show in question.
3. Make sure the frontend sees data from recordedmarkup.  Run
'mythfrontend -verbose playback' and look for a line like
"SyncPositionMap prerecorded, from DB: n entries".  If n is 0, there's
your problem.
4. If your files are served by NFS or SMB (Windows/Samba), you could be
running into the 2 GB file size limit.  This was discussed fairly recently.

As an aside, you can rebuild your positionmap with mythtranscode; try
--help.

I just noticed you said "recording in progress."  There were a couple
fixes here in the past couple months; you might want to try CVS.

-Doug