[mythtv-users] Advice for under-tele box?

Peter Dash peter.dash at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 12:08:23 UTC 2004

If you want a slightly more 'standard' solution (in that it takes
normal microATX motherboard) have a look at the Antec Aria
(http://www.antec-inc.com/aria.html) - I'm using one with a Zalman
quiet CPU cooler and a fanless Nvidia MX4000 with composite tvout and
2 dvb cards. It's quiet enough to only be audible when you get very
close to it and even then it's mostly HD noise (seagate barracuda).

It's got a celeron 2.4 in it and that is plenty for recording 2
programs while watching a third. It takes a while to encode for DVD
though and I don't transcode so I live with skipping commercials
manually. All in all it works great and got pretty much instant thumbs
up GirlfriendApprovalFactor (TM).