[mythtv-users] ATI remote with FC2 / mythtv 0.16 after Jarod's guide

David George david at thegeorges.us
Tue Oct 19 15:08:12 UTC 2004

On 10/19/2004 10:56 AM, Mercury Morris wrote:

>The rest of the story: Success!

[snip]

>So, I took a copy of ati_remote.c to which the patch
>had been applied and just copied over the original.
>
>I ran make modules again - nothing was updated.
>This was upsetting to say the least after a long day.

The timestamp of the ati_remote.c file probably wasn't greater than the
ati_remote.o file.  This is the method make uses to tell if a source
file needs to be rebuilt.

>So, I created a patch file by using diff on the original
>and the version to which the patch had already been
>applied.  The difference between the two patch files
>(David's and my newly-created one)?  No TABs in mine.

Tabs shouldn't matter.  My patch was just modifying the KEY_ settings.
Any leading whitspace was left alone.

>Then, I just applied the new patch file in the usual way.
>THIS TIME when I ran make modules, the process found
>one and only one module that needed to be rebuilt- ati_remote!

The patch would have updated the ati_remote.c timestamp.

Have fun when you get your remote,
David