[mythtv-users] Audio goes away during recording

Mike Grassi mgrassi99 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 19 15:20:17 UTC 2004

First, my apologies for this less than detailed description of my
problem.  On occasion, the audio will just disappear from my recorded
program. It happened last night, the audio dropped out about 10 minutes
into a recorded program, and never came back.  However, watching live
TV worked fine afterwards as did a subsequent recording.  Also of note
is that there is nothing in any logs that would lead me to believe
there is a problem (except the usual "strange error flushing buffer"
here and there), and my database seems to check out just fine.

I'm using a Knoppmyth backend with an XBOX frontend, and it has
happened with both 0.15 and 0.16 (R4V4 and R4V5 for those familiar with
Knoppmyth).  I've got a PCTV Pro TV card and I run the audio out into
the line in of my on-board sound card.  I'm wondering if this is just a
hardware problem...

-Mike