[mythtv-users] Burning dvds from myth

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Tue Oct 19 23:02:00 UTC 2004

> Anyone know if there was a project that would allow you to
> burn dvds from inside mythtv?  I heard rumors of one while
> searching the mailing list, but never found it.  Essentially
> I want to be able to stick in a blank dvd, navigate the menus
> and out pop my tv show on a dvd.  I have been doing this with
> a bash script, but now I want my wife to be able to do this
> and she no likey bash scripts.  Thanks.

There are two that I know of. Mythtvburn and NUV2DISK. You already got info
on the first from another post so here is nuv2disk:

http://extras.mythtvtalk.com/

They are both a pain in the butt to set up so be prepared to spend hours
troubleshooting :) Currently I am trying to get mythtvburn ported over to my
FC1 system. Its a exercise in frustration but if I get it working I will
post my customized version and save others the pain....