[mythtv-users] nvidia tv-out - how do you do it? Better, but not there yet.

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 20 03:04:36 UTC 2004

Brad Fuller wrote:

> john salch wrote:
>
>> The following works for me to offer two screens:
>>
>> # XFree86 4 configuration created by pyxf86config
>>
>> Section "ServerLayout"
>>     Identifier     "Default Layout"
>>        Screen      0  "Screen TV"
>>        Screen      1  "Screen LCD" RightOf "Screen
>> TV"
>>     InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
>>     InputDevice    "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
>>     InputDevice    "DevInputMice" "AlwaysCore"
>> EndSection
>>
>> Section "Files"
>>
>> # RgbPath is the location of the RGB database.  Note,
>> this is the name of the # file minus the extension (like ".txt" or
>> ".db"). There is normally
>> # no need to change the default.
>> # Multiple FontPath entries are allowed (they are
>> concatenated together)
>> # By default, Red Hat 6.0 and later now use a font
>> server independent of
>> # the X server to render fonts.
>>     RgbPath      "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb"
>>     ModulePath  "/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/nvidia"
>>     ModulePath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions"
>>     ModulePath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/modules"
>>     FontPath     "unix/:7100"
>> EndSection
>>
>> Section "Module"
>>     Load  "dbe"
>>     Load  "extmod"
>>     Load  "fbdevhw"
>>     Load  "glx"
>>     Load  "record"
>>     Load  "freetype"
>>     Load  "type1"
>>     Load  "v4l"
>> EndSection
>>
>> Section "InputDevice"
>>
>> # Specify which keyboard LEDs can be user-controlled
>> (eg, with xset(1))
>> #    Option    "Xleds"        "1 2 3"
>> # To disable the XKEYBOARD extension, uncomment
>> XkbDisable.
>> #    Option    "XkbDisable"
>> # To customise the XKB settings to suit your keyboard,
>> modify the
>> # lines below (which are the defaults).  For example,
>> for a non-U.S.
>> # keyboard, you will probably want to use:
>> #    Option    "XkbModel"    "pc102"
>> # If you have a US Microsoft Natural keyboard, you can
>> use:
>> #    Option    "XkbModel"    "microsoft"
>> #
>> # Then to change the language, change the Layout
>> setting.
>> # For example, a german layout can be obtained with:
>> #    Option    "XkbLayout"    "de"
>> # or:
>> #    Option    "XkbLayout"    "de"
>> #    Option    "XkbVariant"    "nodeadkeys"
>> #
>> # If you'd like to switch the positions of your
>> capslock and
>> # control keys, use:
>> #    Option    "XkbOptions"    "ctrl:swapcaps"
>> # Or if you just want both to be control, use:
>> #    Option    "XkbOptions"    "ctrl:nocaps"
>> #
>>     Identifier  "Keyboard0"
> [...]

Just to clarify: I do get the standard text readout when the PC boots
and Linux boots -- -on both displays.
Yeah
But, when it goes to a higher resolution display (x may have started,
but I don't think so.. I'm using FC2) the TV display goes white.

I tried changing my computer monitor to 640x  and 800x and restarted X,
just to see if I need to have the displays the same resolution, but that
didn't change anything.  I've been googling for answers to this, but
it's strange that I haven't found anything. (I did find a HOWTO that
someone put together, but he's xorg file is configrued differently. see
here:
http://www.sunstatemartialarts.com/debian_media.html
)