[mythtv-users] Xine Mplayer Fullscreen Lirc

MacNean C. Tyrrell dardack at nycap.rr.com
Wed Oct 20 03:31:54 UTC 2004

Ok i figured out xine, i had to change the aspect ratio to 4:3, it's
reading the widescreen movie correctly, but assuming that my tv is also
widescreen, which the one i have mythtv it's not.  So i just add -r 4:3
and that fixes that.

So far i have a fast enough processor to run mplayer in x11 instead of
xv.  Wish i could get xv to work but haven't figured it all out yet (i
did try a ratio think with mplayer also, but that seems to not work,
don't know if i used to right command though).

For now lirc is again working with mplayer

on an ot subject, man xvid looks very close to my dvd from mythtv, very
nice.  The file is only 1.7 gigs (i know a bit large for xvid) but
compared to the 7 gigs for the dvd, nice.  BTW does the dvd rip only rip
the VOB's right now, no way to convert to say xvid or something right?
Been doing it on my laptop so far with simpledivx.  My linux box is away
while i'm in this one bedroom apartment, wife wants very little
clutter.  So i get my myth box instead.  On well.  Anyone have another
program to use that's nice?

Thanks.

-MacNean