[mythtv-users] S-video cable length?

Bill Chmura Bill at Explosivo.com
Wed Oct 20 04:31:08 UTC 2004

I've seen S-Video cables for sale up to 150' long.  Although I can't image
that there would not be some sort of signal degradation over that long a run.
I have not done that long myself.   I don't think there is a max length so to
speak, but there is probably a limit at which you need to amplify or go to a
different kind of cable then convert back.

But in your case, 20 feet, you should be fine if you get a good quality cable
that long.   A good quality 25' cable should run between $30-40 USD.  I would
avoid really cheap ones.   You could spend more on professional A/V stuff
(like $75 or so) but that could be overkill for ya.

Best of luck