[mythtv-users] Getting VIA graphics to work, or buy a PVR-350?

Eric Lennon Bowman ebowman at boboco.ie
Wed Oct 20 11:40:56 UTC 2004

Christoffer Kj°lbŠk wrote:
> Three months ago, I ask here at the list, if the graphiccard on a VIA
> Epia M10000N would be good for Mythtv, and I got the answer, that it
> was. Now, three months later, I still don't have I good Mythbox.
> Everything works, but it is damn slow because the graphics isn't
> installed right, and I can't figure out why.
>
> So my question is, does anyone have a working Mythbox in a VIA Epia
> M10000 running FC2, or does anyone know howto get it work?
>
> And last, would it be easier just to buy a PVR-350, and use that instead
> of my PVR-250 and use the TV-out at the PVR-350?

I have an M12000...I played around with the VIA a bit, and opted for the
PVR-350.  That works very well; the Chris Kennedy ivtv drivers are
really pretty stable at this point, and the quality is a lot better than
the VIA.  I would recommend buying the 350; it's a more-travelled
installation/troubleshooting route, and a better card.

cheers,
Eric
--
Eric Lennon Bowman