[mythtv-users] Getting VIA graphics to work, or buy a PVR-350?

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 20 16:28:27 UTC 2004

Only if you have the CPU horsepower to decode the non
MPEG-2, and blit (DMA copy) to the PVR-350's buffer.
Otherwise, you can only play MPEG-2 data without any
frameloss.

On my Athlon XP 2400+, Xine states that it's dropping
frames when outputting to the ivtvdev driver.  It's
not enough for me to notice, but the killer for me is
that XMAME doesn't work very well on the PVR-350.

My XBox MythTV frontend on the other hand, has
graphics that are almost as good as the PVR-350, but
I'm still experimenting with that.  Conexant seems to
make some pretty good TV-Out chips.

-- Joe