[mythtv-users] mythtv newcomer.. need help setting up live tv

Evan Burrows eburrows at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 16:30:06 UTC 2004

maybe i am going about this wrong.  When i orignally read the
hauppauge site about hte pvr-350 i don't remember seeing anything
about it being just an analog tuner.  So now i am really confused.
Since i have COX digital cable does that mean that I wasted $170? Or
does that mean i just can't use the tuner on the card? Or neither?

Right now like i said i have coax cable going directly to my pvr-350
card.  So if what Tim said was correct then it would explain why i am
not seeing anything on my computer monitor.  I am going to try going
from my cable outlet to cable box to myth box and see if that works.
If it doesn't then that would pretty much mean sthat i can't use the
tuner.  I can still go cable outlet to cable box to tv and then from
my tv to the myth box using the included cables that came with the
pvr-350 card though right? So i will still be able to watch tv on my
tv just now my computer.  This was my end goal anyways i just figured
it would be easier to try on my computer first before i started
messing with everything else.

thanks
Evan