[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase for people outside the zone for theinternal grabber

Jeff C myth at express.tc
Wed Oct 20 19:39:58 UTC 2004

> Hi All,
>
> I'm wondering if someone can help me.  I currently live in the Caribbean
> and
> I've cobbled together (via five different sets of listings, and then an
> hour
> of hand mapping channels and downloading icons) a complete guide grabber
> and
> icon/channel map for my area.  At home I run Myth .14 with it and it works
> great.
>
> I am building up a new machine for someone and to my horror I've
> discovered
> I can't import from a file with .16 any more.

As further detail to this, my ultimate goal is to create a data source that
has all the work done for my country so that others can simply download the
completed file once a day from a local server, rather than have to contact
Zap2It.  So ultimately there would be a country specific grabber that
downloaded the channel table/icons/listings from my compiled source.
However that requires some assistance from a friend and I need to get the
basic system operational fist.

Also, the install is KnoppMyth R4V5 (.16 Mythtv).  I don't have source on
the box nor am I a programmer.

-Jeff