[mythtv-users] mythtv newcomer.. need help setting up live tv

Christopher Flynn flynnguy at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 19:48:13 UTC 2004

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 14:18:25 -0400, Evan Burrows <eburrows at gmail.com> wrote:
[snip]
> Yes my cable box has svideo out.  So now one svideo cable will be
> connected to my myth box and i will use that svideo connection as my
> input connection.  At this point nothing is connecting my cable box to
> my tv.. so to view anything on the tv from my myth box I just have to
> connect another svideo cable from the cable box to the tv.

almost... most likely your cable box won't have another input/ouput
and instead just connect the PVR-350 TV-Out to your TV. (ie. the only
input to the cable box should be from the wall) This is usually done
with a coax or s-video... not sure what the PVR-350 has.

>From what I gather you want:
from wall -> splitter to TV input 1 and cable box input
from digital cable box-> PVR-350
from PVR-350 -> TV input 2

inputs:
TV should have 2 inputs, one from the wall and the other from the PVR-350 TV Out
cable box should have 1 input from the wall (and later another from
the serial port or ir blaster to change the channel but you can leave
out this step for testing purposes)
PVR-350 should have one input from the cable box

You are essentially putting your mythtv computer in between your cable
box and your TV.

--
You must be the change you wish to see in the world. - Gandhi