[mythtv-users] Semi-OT: Philips TV power-on code

Ben Buxton mythtv at ml.cactii.net
Wed Oct 20 22:56:59 UTC 2004

Sorry for the semi-OT question, but maybe someone here can help...I've
got my universal remote configured with codes for mythtv and for my
Philips widescreen TV and am trying to set it up for the most intuitive
interface possible.

The problem I have is that my Philips TV will only power on when a
channel is selected on the remote. To go to the AV input (for myth)
from poweroff, I first have to press a button for a regular channel,
then a few seconds after the tube comes on, I can select the AV input.
This particular TV (and probably many models of Philips) can't, to my
knowledge, be turned on using the power button - it only turns it off.

Does anyone know how a Philips TV can be turned on and straight to the
AV input without first tuning a 'normal' channel? I have a 32PW8206.

Ben