[mythtv-users] Can you bind recordings to a particular card?

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Wed Oct 20 23:08:31 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 20 October 2004 12:53, Phil Bridges wrote:
> Currently, I have a 2-tuner system: 1 250 and 1 M179.  The M179 has poor
> picture quality (fuzziness and vertical lines) on a couple of channels;
> normally, this wouldn't bother me, but one of those channels is CBS, and I
> like CSI.
>
> Anyway, is it possible to set recordings to only record on a particular
> tuner?

I don't think you can be quite that specific, short of simply not including
that channel in the channel listings for other cards, but there's a recording
priorities system that will allow you to give certain programs a higher
priority, so they'll be assigned to the first available card. Just make sure
the 250 is your first card defined in the system. You can also set input
priorities on the cards, but I've not toyed with this myself, so I'm not sure
how it relates to this situation...

> Is it possible to have a tuner not even display spefici channels,
> but let the other tuner show them?

Yes. Just set up two different channel listings.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...