[mythtv-users] nvidia tv-out - how do you do it? Better, but not there yet.

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 21 00:19:18 UTC 2004

Ok, I looked the FAQ over. And, I don't know what to do. I assume it has
something to do with the inability for a user (or root for that matter
-- i tried that) to switch to DISPLAY:1.
There should be an easy way to do this, rather than running at init3

As I mentioned, I have no problem running myth to the computer display with

# export DISPLAY=:0
# mythfrontend

But, I receive the following error if

# export DISPLAY=:1
# mythfrontend
mythfrontend: cannot connect to X server: 1

Any other help would be MUCH appreciated (Gee I can see the KDE display
on the TV, but I can't get to it! Frustrating!)
Seems like it should be easy.....

brad