[mythtv-users] Re: mythfilldatabase for people outside the zone for the internal grabber

James Timberlake timberlake_james at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 21 15:05:32 UTC 2004

mythfilldatabase checks your .xml file for the string
'http://labs.zap2it.com/' at the top of your .xml file and spits out
that internal grabber error if it finds it.

my situation is a bit different. i live in the US, but don't have an
internet connection where my box is. i download the listings elsewhere
using the win32 tv_grab_na_dd and transfer the .xml file to the box. my
channel id's in my mysql database didnt match the id's in the xml file
(the initial setup used the internal grabber). instead of "22116" for a
channel id, my xml file had "I22116.labs.zap2it.com". i created a .vbs
file (windows script) to parse my .xml file i download weekly to replace
the 'http://labs.zap2it.com/' string and strip the leading "I" and
tailing ".labs.zap2it.com" from each.

with those two hacks, my file imports fine using:
$ mythfilldatabase 1 -1 file.xml
i get some duplicate type errors, but haven't had a problem yet.

in summary
-replace the URL at the top of you xml file with anything
-check your channel id's in your channel table and see if it differs
from the channel id's in your .xml file