[mythtv-users] Which remote control are you using?

Christopher Flynn flynnguy at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 17:35:43 UTC 2004

The nice thing about lirc is that you can pretty much use any remote
you want. I got a Radio Shack 15-2116 and I set up the basic stuff but
soon I will get into the jp1 programming aspect of it to do macros
etc...

When I went through the process of looking for a remote, I looked at
universal remotes with the hopes of eventually controlling all my
components with one remote. You may end up having to create your own
remote profile with lirc but it's not that hard.

The prontos are nice but I prefer actual buttons to their LCD screen.
Check out the jp1 forum: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/
-Chris

--
You must be the change you wish to see in the world. - Gandhi