[mythtv-users] Re: X runs at 90-95%CPU

Yan-Fa Li yanfali at best.com
Thu Oct 21 19:17:29 UTC 2004

Hi Alan,

Since you're looking for a hardware problem, I would recommend running
memtest86+ (http://www.memtest.org), and IBM/Hitachi Disk Fitness Test,
their both invaluable tools for doing the initial burn in and checking
that the base system components are reasonably trustworthy.

Memtest86 is best run with ALL tests enabled, and I use DFT to verify
the cabling and data integrity since it has a pretty nice DOS GUI and
does reliable low level checking.

Yan