[mythtv-users] mythtv newcomer.. need help setting up live tv

Evan Burrows eburrows at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 21:45:35 UTC 2004

ok guys,

 I really appreciate all the help you guys have given me so far.. I
had a lot of progress last night.  I set it up like you guys told me
and i can now capture video and play it back through mplayer and
through the pvr-350 tvout!! Unfortunately, i don't get any sound
though on either.  I read through a coupl other threads that have been
going through the discussion group but still haven't figured it out.
I used Jarods guide and configured alsa and i tried to set the capture
card audio in mythtvsetup from /dev/dsp to ALSA:hw:0,0. But it doesn't
save that result once i go back into the capture card detail it
switches back to dev/dsp.  How do i tell what device to use for audio
?

I know this is a stupid question but right now i have my pvr350
connected to my cable box via svideo.  Does svideo transfer sound as
well or do i have to do something with composite inputs and outputs
too? I know... it is a really stupid question.

When i do the test sound after settign up ALSA using Jarods guide i
hear the sound through my computer speakers so i know that ALSA is
working.

thanks again for all your help guys