[mythtv-users] Re: mythtv newcomer.. need help setting up live tv

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Thu Oct 21 22:22:26 UTC 2004

On Thu, Oct 21, 2004 at 05:45:35PM -0400, Evan Burrows wrote:

> I know this is a stupid question but right now i have my
> pvr350 connected to my cable box via svideo.  Does svideo
> transfer sound as well

Nope.  That little DIN connector (like a PS-2 keyboard/mouse
connector) is video only.

> or do i have to do something with composite inputs and outputs
> too? I know... it is a really stupid question.

No, you don't have to do anything with composite inputs and
outputs (which are usually a yellow RCS connector).  They're
video-only as well.

You do, however, need to connect the Left/Right audio outputs
from your cable box (usually red and white RCA connectors) to
the L/R audio inputs on the '350.

--
Grant Edwards
grante at visi.com