[mythtv-users] And Bone Head of the Week Award goes to...

Matthew Gleed mgleed at gleed.us
Fri Oct 22 00:38:47 UTC 2004

I want everyone to know that I'm only sharing this to cheer up those of
you who may be banging their heads against the wall trying to get
something in Mythtv working.  ;)

For the last couple of days I have been troubleshooting what I thought
was a video encoding problem where all I see on live tv and in
recordings was a black screen.  I haven't spent a huge amount of time on
troubleshooting this problem as I've been very busy with work but I've
worked on it as time has permitted.  After trying everything I could
think of to remedy the problem including recompiling myth and installing
various versions of the ivtv driver SEVERAL times I finally tracked down
the source of my black screen video problem.....  my cable box was off.
When do I receive my trophy.  :)