[mythtv-users] ALSA NOT compiled in to mythtvfrontend at ATrpms?

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 22 02:39:29 UTC 2004

I'm using the mythtv packages ATrpms. I tried to change the audio device
from /dev/dsp (oss) to ALSA: and I received an error:

Audio output device is set to an ALSA device but ALSA support is not
compiled in!

I take it that the package from ATrpms DOES NOT have ALSA compiled in.
Is that the default? Is the only way for me to have ALSA support is to
build mythtv myself? Or is there another package that I can use instead?
(I looked on Axel's site and the specs, but couldn't find one.)

thanks for the help!

brad