[mythtv-users] Wife Acceptance Factor question: dealing with crashes

Matt Collins matt at clues.com
Fri Oct 22 10:08:26 UTC 2004

On Wed, Oct 20, 2004 at 07:16:21PM -0400, Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Wednesday 20 October 2004 07:04 pm, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> > I should probably put in a section in big red letters pointing people to
> > info on what info to provide when they have problems...
>
> That'd be cool.  No one seems to see it in the docs now, and I've given up
> replying with the full URL to the docs.

Simple suggestion... When myth starts pop up a dialogue box with a friendly
message on how to report bugs and what information to include with a link to
the docs. State that information on how to disable the dialogue box is in
those docs ;) Make it a compile time or DB flag to allow it to be disabled
for people building 'prepackaged' distributions such as knoppmyth ;)

Matt