[mythtv-users] OT how do I calculate 2hrs to fit on std dvd

Listman listman at depfyffer.com
Fri Oct 22 17:16:04 UTC 2004

I'm curious how to get 2 hours of quality video on 1 dvd. I don't have a
problem creating a dvd but it seems like I either get really crappy
quality or video files that would exceed 2 hours = 1 dvd. Am I missing
something does the file shrink when it gets converted to dvd? Is there a
good formula for calculating the size of a video before you capture it.
Does anyone have any links I could check out to educate myself on dvds and
how nuppel video and other codecs play into things.
Thanks.