[mythtv-users] Music CD Skipping problem

Prash getprashman at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 21:13:17 UTC 2004

Peeps,

If I play my music CD directly from the CD (No rip) then mythmusic
skips some seconds (10-150) and stutters when it changes songs. On the
other hand if I rip the same CD and play from the hard drive
repository, it plays fine and does not skip.

What is happening here? I'm on Fedora core 2 with 2.6.8.521.

Sometimes dmesg shows "cdrom: This disc doesn't have any tracks I
recognize!"  - but not necessarily at the time of skipping - so I
don;t think this message is related.

Ne ideas?

TIA
Prash