[mythtv-users] Prebuffering pause problem - my conclusions - 2.6 kernel

Kyle Kelly kyle at kylekelly.com
Sat Oct 23 03:16:53 UTC 2004

Daniel Thor Kristjansson wrote:

>I think this may be a problem with changes in swap logic. Try running
>"swapoff -a" as root. If that gets rid of the problem (it did on my
>machine), then maybe my hunch is right.
>
>A google revealed swapping problems have been cropping up in 2.6 lately,
>you might want to try 2.6.9 if "swapoff -a" helps. (Or add more memory
>if you can afford it ;)
>
>-- daniel

Thanks for the idea, but it didn't work for me, although I am now using
ivtv-0.2.0-rc1o which could have stability issues of its own.

I will be upgrading to 2.6.9 in the next couple of days, its so much
faster to upgrade now that I know about /proc/config.gz and make
oldconfig :)

Thanks again for the suggestion, it was worth a try.