[mythtv-users] Problem tuning and switching channels - newbie question

Josef Průša joeprusa at volny.cz
Sat Oct 23 07:59:30 UTC 2004

Hello,

I am running MDK 10.0 official with bttv TV card (actually Leadtek WinFast
2000XP). I managed to install MythTV but cannot make the prog actually tune
into a channel. I live in the Czech republic so the channel guide grabbing is
not for me. So I thought I would set up channels manually which I did.
But something is wrong since I cannot make MythTV to tune any channel or
switch channels.
Other programs (KDEtv, TVtime, XawTV) work fine. If I tune a channel with
TVtime I can watch it (and even record) with MythTV afterwards.
What am I doing wrong?

Anybody any idea?

Thanks

Josef