[mythtv-users] MythMusic crash

Michelle Moss michelle.moss at iinet.net.au
Sat Oct 23 23:30:43 UTC 2004

Joshua M. Thompson wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-10-23 at 18:58 +1000, Michelle Moss wrote:
>

>>This is the same error I was getting when I was using the Suse QT
>>libraries. Try installing the QT rpm here:
>>
>>http://www.astro.uio.no/~oeysteio/apt/suse/9.0-i586/RPMS.olsen/
>>
>>and recompiling mythmusic and mythtv against them.
>

> I have a feeling putting those on my FC2 system might not be a good
> idea. :)

Hmmm, good point. I assumed you were using Suse because this problem
always seems to be an issue there and nowhere else which leads to your
next question..

> I think the real question is what is so broken about SuSE 9.0 and FC2
> that makes this happen, and why does it not affect any other part of
> MythTV as far as I can tell? If I knew what was miscompiled I would just
> rebuild the Qt RPMs myself.

I can't help you here. I'm a newbie and the answer I always get (from
this list at least) is that "Suse ships broken QT libraries". In the end
I was happy to get my system working. I'm a bit surprised that you have
the problem on FC2 though - there are _lots_ of people using that. Maybe
Jarod or someone else using FC2 has some ideas.

Sorry for the useless answer,
Michelle