[mythtv-users] transcode to theora?

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Sun Oct 24 20:41:17 UTC 2004

On Sun, Oct 24, 2004 at 09:20:59AM -0300, Ben Steeves wrote:
> Is there any possibility of transcoding to theora, or some other
> unencumbered media format?

I would venture to speculate that if you replaced mythtranscode with
something that did that, it would work.  How it ought to handle future
playback and the databases is an open question, though of course, you
always do it the way nuvexport people do and handle that manually.

Cheers,
-- jra

	"You know: I'm a fan of photosynthesis as much as the next guy,
	but if God merely wanted us to smell the flowers, he wouldn't
	have invented a 3GHz microprocessor and a 3D graphics board."
					-- Luke Girardi