[mythtv-users] CentOS

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Mon Oct 25 00:15:07 UTC 2004

> Just thought I would chime in here. I have a friend using FC1
> and since he didn't upgrade to FC2 and I did he is having
> more problems than me. I don't know if it's errors on his
> part but it seems like mythtv is evolving as fast if not
> faster than fedora and it's probably going to get harder to
> get rpms for CentOS/RHES as things progress. You are going to
> have to upgrade unless you simply want a working system and
> never get the new goodies in each mythtv upgrade. When I
> rebuild I get everything working, setup my schedule check my
> logs then run modoarchive (mondo rescue) if anything should
> happen to my system I pop in the DVD and type nuke, an hour
> later I have a fresh system again. If your system is working
> fine and you want to upgrade just remember to run mondo
> first, if the upgrade doesn't work right you only lost a few
> hours and can go back to you old system ;-) good luck.

Excellent advice. I am still running FC1 because of all the stability issues
with FC2 and the ivtv drivers. No problems running the latest CVS so
compatibilty is not yet an issue. I suppose I will upgrade sometime next
year after the bugs are all worked out of FC2/3.

BTW - The mondorescue install CD make installing mondo a beeeze now.