[mythtv-users] The Ultimate Myth Setup

zardoz at zardoz.ath.cx zardoz at ZardoZ.ath.cx
Mon Oct 25 09:16:14 UTC 2004

On Sunday 24 October 2004 23:29, Robbie Hughes wrote:

> thanks for the ref. - that looks sweet.
>
> ok so the next step has to be finding the perfect remote - obviously i
> can have lots of these hush network booting boxes throughout the house
> and use them for hifi and tv. each user can have their own remote that
> will work everywhere...does anyone have any good advice on a good
> receiver and remote combo? or just a plain good remote?

perfect in my house works a phillips pronto, and as a receiver this one here :

http://www.conrad.de/scripts/wgate/zcop_b2c/!?perform_special_action=Produktdetail&product_show_id=956938&p_page_to_display=fromoutside

the deal is, that it appears as a legacy keyboard, not need to tweak lirc or
whatevver, it is a simple ps-2 connection.
phillips pronto is able to learn the codes, not sure for others.

---