[mythtv-users] Cle266 unichrome, CVS + inverted colour

Steven mythmail at richardstraat.homedns.org
Mon Oct 25 09:54:31 UTC 2004

Matt Collins wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Has anyone else had this problem? I'm running CVS mythtv from yesterday to
> utilise the unichrome support on an epia10k. Kernel is 2.6.9 using native
> lirc in myth with alsa, ivtv and cle266 built in. I'm using a PVR350 to record
> with ivtv 0.2.0rc2 and XFree 4.4.0 with the r26 unichrome patches. Its a PAL
> system capturing and displaying at 720x568 for now.
>
> Now, the ivtv stuff is working fine for capture, and the 'preview' generated
> list in the media archive shows a small snippet of the program in the right
> colours, but when viewed the image displayed is a video negative - skin looks
> blue, etc.
>
> If I use my patched unichrome/nuv/ivtv mplayer to play the .nuv file directly
> the colours are correct so it looks like I messed something up mythwise. I
> have tried using the output filter 'inverse' by typing inverse with no arguments
> into the custom filters box under the playback settings menu but output
> appears unchanged, presumably because we're using the XVMC hardware acceleration.
>
> I do *not* have ivtv or XVMC hardware acceleration checked in the menu. I *do*
> have XVMC VLD (via only) checked.

You have to enable both XVMC and XVMC VLD to enable the unichrome mpeg
decoder.

What you are seeing is probably Xv out with hue setting that is off.

I must say I also upgraded my kernel, got all the unichrome stuff
working even with the limited colour OSD theme.
But after goin trough all that I tried using my epia-M10k without the
hardware acceleration and it now works without any stuttering (even with
deinterlacing on) and full color OSD. It never used to work with my
unichrome hardwre accel. It must have something to do with better
preformance with either the new kernel or the new unichrome via video
drivers.