[mythtv-users] mythtranscode results in 15GB files

Shawn core at enodev.com
Mon Oct 25 14:47:25 UTC 2004

Yup, mp3 would be the common thing in both scenarios where my recordings
get oversized. Well, that and the mythtranscode program itself.

All recording profiles are setup for ivtv have 4500 - 6000 bitrate and
48k/384kbps mp3, and the transcoder goes to MPEG4 at 1800kbps and
128kbps/quality 8 mp3.

If I could examine the nuv that results, I'd be happy, but tcprobe does
not understand its format, and I'm not a video file god like some folks
here.

My best option to date is to write a script to kill the transcoder job
that's creating the humungo file if it happens.