[mythtv-users] pcHDTV with PVR-350 for output

Boleslaw Ciesielski bolek-mythtv at curl.com
Mon Oct 25 14:53:11 UTC 2004

Daniel Thor Kristjansson wrote:
> ]|(For instance, I can get my plain old TV to sync to a
> ]|800x600 signal from the FX5200.)
> ]I'm not sure what this means.  Are you actually generating 600 (300
> ]interlaced) scan lines?  If so that's not real NTSC anymore.  Maybe you
>
> Yes, it works with my specific TV. It should actually work with most TVs
> with composite input, but I've never published my modeline because it
> can destroy some older TV's.

It is very unlikely that your (plain NTSC) TV is actually syncing to a
800x600 signal. Even though you may have specified 800x600 modeline, the
graphics card is doing the scan conversion to standard NTSC before
outputting anything via TV-out. This is actually a major source of
quality problems with the graphics card TV-out.

Bolek