[mythtv-users] AC3 passthrough still doesn't work.

Bo Najdrovsky myth at najdrovsky.com
Mon Oct 25 18:38:04 UTC 2004

James Armstrong wrote:

> I have the same problem, especially with ABC. You might want to try
> the patch I did that makes watching these easier with mplayer. It adds
> a menu option to the playback menu to view in an external player. It
> uses the Default Video Playback player in setup to play the files.
>
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/90251?nohighlight=1#90251

Thanks, that provides a very useful stop-gap fix to the problem.   I
still want to get the internal MythTV player working correctly, but at
least for now I don't have to exit the mythfrontend to play back the
recorded streams.

I've been having a discussion on the pcHDTV message board regarding the
problems I listed here, and have been provided several suggestions to
try, so hopefully I'll be able to crack this nut sooner or later.  :-)

Bo