[mythtv-users] 2 Different Satellite Receivers, 1 Backend, 1 Serial Port, 1 IR Blaster

Geoff Scott geoff.scott.mail at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 23:42:15 UTC 2004

List,

I need a reality check before I move forward here...perhaps I missing
something simple which would make this much easier.

I have a backend/frontend combined box running like a dream.  I have
DirecTV satellite, and use a Samsung SIR-TS360 High Def receiver which
has a serial port.  I'm currently using a hacked up C program to
change the channels that was provided to me by DVH (thanks a million
too if you are reading this).

However, I'm thinking of going with two PVR-250's which means I need
an additional receiver, which I have.  There is no serial on this
receiver though.  But I do have an IRBlaster.

My question is can I get LIRC and MythTV to a point where it can
handle serial commands for the one receiver and IR commands for the
other?  I'd like to have PIP but more important is watching Live TV
and recording a show at the same time.

The second Sat box is begging to be used.

Thanks in advance.

Geoff