[mythtv-users] OT: TView Micro XGA

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Tue Oct 26 00:37:19 UTC 2004

I know there have been a lot of discussions about the best TV-Out
solutions. My Myth box has been very solid with a 350 and 250 for
months. The only problem I've really had is exactly two recordings (out
of many recordings) had no sound, no idea why.

Anyway, I got sick of dealing with the TVOut on the 350 (lockups, etc)
and went with a TView Micro XGA that I got on ebay for about $20. It
doesn't have the quality of the 350's out, but if you can accept the
quality the ease of use is hard to argue with with.

This has been running great for me for about two months and now the
TView device is going flaky. I've downloaded the manual and looked at
the troubleshooting, etc, and it seems as though the problem is the
device, not an external problem such as the PC.

Just wondering if anyone else has had any bad luck with the devices
dying. Since I bought it on ebay I'm stuck with what I have, but before
I get on and buy another I thought I'd ask.

The WAF is at it's highest level right now (she HATES commercials) so I
want to get this thing going again quickly.

Thanks,
James