[mythtv-users] Anybody Using a DVI enabled LCD HDTV in their setup ?

jack jr at jrh.net
Tue Oct 26 20:35:43 UTC 2004

Since you will be using Linux, stick with NVidia. Other then that my monitor
section in XF86Config reads like this:

Section "Monitor"
    Identifier  "TV"

    HorizSync   30-50
    VertRefresh 60
        ModeLine "1280x720" 74.16 1280 1320 1376 1648 720 722 728 750

EndSection

It was the only piece that was hard to get right, this puts out a great
signal for me on my DLP 1280x720. Your monitor of course might be different.
Myth has quite a few options for setting perspective and overscan so you can
usually adjust it to your liking with no problem. As far as cpu power I am
not that sure, I tend to use the sledgehammer approach with computer
hardware. Even with 1080i source on a amd3400 I get under 60% utilization.