[mythtv-users] MySQL Setup Problem [SOLVED]

Yan-Fa Li yanfali at best.com
Tue Oct 26 21:17:31 UTC 2004

Dude,

not cool.  First you hide behind a bogus email address like info, and
then you start flinging mud at Isaac.  You do realize he wrote mythtv
right ?  Second, you're lack of understanding of how to administer mysql
is the actual issue here.  MySQL is not a simple database, and you're
use of Gentoo indicates you should know how to RTFM.  Please stop
abusing people for pointing out stuff that is not obvious to you.

Unfortunately open source has a high learning curve.  That's why it's
*not* mainstream.  If you're a real geek then you'll take it in your
stride and learn from it.  If you're looking for hand holding and a nice
easy to install system, you're going to have to look at Windows MCE.
One day, Open Source may be as simple as Microsoftian stuff.  Until that
day there's a bit of pain involved until you learn the flow.

Suggestion, re-write the instructions on the website based on what you
have learned and submit it for change.  That's how it's supposed to
work, you take a little and give a little.  Otherwise you're just a
parasite.

Yan