[mythtv-users] RE: Please help me to get my remote control working

Phill Edwards phill_edwards at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 27 12:07:43 UTC 2004

I'm so happy - I managed to get this working which means I save myself $55
buying an Irman serial device! For anyone else teetering on the edge of
insanity with a similar problem with their Pixelview Play TV remote, here's
my /etc/modprobe.conf (FC equivalent of modules.conf):

alias eth0 e100
alias snd-card-0 snd-intel8x0
install snd-intel8x0 /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install snd-intel8x0 &&
/usr/sbin/alsactl restore >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
remove snd-intel8x0 { /usr/sbin/alsactl store >/dev/null 2>&1 || : ; };
/sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove snd-intel8x0
alias usb-controller ehci-hcd
alias usb-controller1 uhci-hcd
# nvidia kernel module
alias char-major-195 nvidia-1_0-6111
# i2c
#alias char-major-88 i2c-dev
alias char-major-89 i2c-dev
options i2c-core i2c_debug=1
options i2c algo bit bit_test=1
#bttv
alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 bttv
options bttv card=37 radio=0 tuner=28

Note that there are no entries for lirc_gpio - don't know why but this does
work. You have to do a "modprobe libc_gpio" at the command line to get all
the modules loaded.  Make sure you have copied
/usr/share/doc/lirc-0.7.0/remotes/pixelview/lircd.conf.playtv_pro to
/etc/lircd.conf.  Start the lircd service and then run irw - when you press
the remote's buttons you'll see output like this:
[root at elm etc]# irw
0000000061d6f807 00 vol+ pixelviewp
0000000061d6d02f 00 2 pixelviewp
0000000061d6906f 00 5 pixelviewp
0000000061d600ff 00 source pixelviewp
0000000061d600ff 00 source pixelviewp
0000000061d600ff 00 source pixelviewp
0000000061d650af 00 8 pixelview

Phew - praise be that I've got through that one!

Regards,
Phill