[mythtv-users] Fedora MythTV Users- What is yum20 ?

Mercury Morris mercury.morris at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 12:48:38 UTC 2004

After losing my first MythTV system to a head crash,
I began from scratch with Jarod's HOWTO.  I used
it with great success for that first system.

This time, after the steps

  atrpms-kickstart
  apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade

yum was no longer installed.

There is now a yum20, but it doesn't work-
failing with multiple errors when invoked.

I turned to yum for other packages to help check
my work as changes are made along the way.
But- there is no yum !  (I turned to yum when
'apt-get install tkcvs' failed, wanting included tkdiff.)

Where have I gone wrong?  If yum is no longer
needed, but apt can't get the packages I need,
is it inadequate repository lists in the apt config
files?

If you can see how I might fix this, I would welcome
any suggestions.  Thanks.

--
MM