[mythtv-users] OT: fc2 problem with 3 hd's

Tim t.tait at comcast.net
Thu Oct 28 13:55:23 UTC 2004

anders smith wrote:

> I just encountered a problem yesterday where my otherwise well working
> fc2/0.16/pvr250/wilsonet.com box based on a via c3 processor suddenly
> wouldn't get past 'starting system loger' during boot.
>
> The hd (maxtor 120gb diamondmax9) works fine in other myth box and was
> registered by the bios in the new box, but...
> I tried with a IBM 70gb hd and it booted fine...
>
> Any idea what is happening?
>
> The box has a c3 at 600mhz, s50mb ram, soyo 7vem MB...
>

> thanks
> anders

I had a box just this week had a similar symptom (except it was Windows)
- turned out the 5V was quite low (4.5~4.7V) and the hard drive was
doing an undervoltage reset until the system warmed up. Needless to say
that 2yr old power supply (Antec TruePower 430 - bye-bye Antec) is no
good anymore.

Tim