[mythtv-users] Sanity Check

Jack Trout witmore1 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 00:36:09 UTC 2004

> Any special filters or will standard house a/c vent filters work cut
> down to size work?  How do you attach them, tape?
there are a few kinda for fan holes, I use metal mesh filters, because
the capture dust easily without obstructing airflow, (
http://www.coolerguys.com/fanfilters.html ) and they can be cleaned
fairly easly then I use black gaffers and/or duct tape to seal other
holes where air can enter without using these fan locations. Note on
my case most of these holes are in areas that get covered by the front
case bezel so that my handy work isnt all that visable

I have seen where people have used just that foam ac style air filter
and they cut it the size of the face bezel and put tape around the
holes and edges to make it more sturdy, then cut it so it fits around
the devices, and attaching screws in the bezel so that the sandwich
affect secures the filter in place