[mythtv-users] Crazy VNC idea

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Fri Oct 29 02:41:17 UTC 2004

Ok, I had a really crazy idea tonight...my main myth box needed
to get moved over from the "development" area to over by my
stereo.  Before I moved it, I wanted to make sure I could get to
the machine (more than ssh), so I installed vnc and fired up
vnc on my work laptop upstairs.  Once I logged in, I brought
up mythfrontend, and voila!, I was running myth on my laptop
over VNC.  I can do everything, but I have no sound.  In googling
around, I can't determine if I'm missing a setting, or if VNC
just doesn't do sound.

Am I missing something?

Paul