[mythtv-users] Problem with PVR-350 + LG TAPE tuner

Mike Burr mburr at pointdx.com
Fri Oct 29 18:21:45 UTC 2004

I'm interested in knowing what ivtv + tuner.o combo people are using for
the newer Hauppauge PVR cards, specifically the ones detected as "LG
TAPE H001F MK3 (idx = 68, type = 47)". I am using the latest ivtv CVS
tarball (ck115i) and the 2.4 kernel patch mentioned here:
  http://www.poptix.net/ivtv/Sep-2004/msg00286.html
against the Debian kernel-source-2.4.27 package.

I have received some help from the ivtv list, but am interested if
anyone has found a magic combination that might solve my problem.
Basically, if I set the tuner to type 39, I can view nearly all of the
channels I expect to see, but have stability problems. Eventually,
mythbackend is unable to read from /dev/video0, etc. If I allow the ivtv
module to auto detect my tuner, I have flawless uptime measured in days
(at least), but see nothing but noise/snow. With auto detect enabled, I
can manually tune to a few channels using “ivtvctl --set-freq”:

ch 7 ~= 3680
ch 8 ~= 3800
ch 12 ~= 4280

Which doesn't seem right at all.