[mythtv-users] Scrolling in MythMusic playlist selection screen

Craig Box craig at dubculture.co.nz
Sat Oct 30 00:53:31 UTC 2004

I have 14715 rows in my mythmetadata table, and they're all locally ripped
albums that were in very good tagged condition when they were imported.

Reading http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/10945#10945 I see
that the entire database is loaded into memory when MythMusic starts.  Why
then does it take several seconds to jump between the percentage points with
the number keys on my remote?  The machine has 256mb of RAM and I can
increase it if that's the problem, although I don't see why I should have
any trouble.

Also, is there any better way to move around the artist listing with a
remote control than this?

Craig