[mythtv-users] Time until next recording

Poobah poobah at techsquadron.com
Sat Oct 30 20:02:37 UTC 2004

Are there any shell script tools for taking to mythbackend?  I have the
expanding harddrive issue, and need to write a script to shutdown the
backend occasionally to clear out deleted files.  I'd like to not have
it happen while something is being recorded, and when something isn't
scheduled to be recorded soon.  Something like:

            If CaptureCardsInUse = False then
                        If NextRecordingMinutes > 10 then
                                    /etc/init.d/mythbackend restart
                        Fi
            Fi

I've seen this in the backend status page from MythWeb, just curious if
it's available from the shell.

Mark Hanson