[mythtv-users] mythstream - internet radio

Myth myth at umich2.com
Sun Oct 31 01:24:15 UTC 2004

Myth wrote:

> I just came across mythstream
> http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~moongies/streamtuned.html
> <http://home.kabelfoon.nl/%7Emoongies/streamtuned.html> on the
> mythtv.info site.
>
> Does anybody have this working for streams that require the -playlist
> option?
> For example:
> mplayer -playlist http://www.wlup.com/live/wlup.asx works, but...
>
> mplayer http://www.wlup.com/live/wlup.asx results in a premature
> mplayer exit and does not play in mythstream

I got this reply from the developer. I just needed to parse the playlist
file myself.  Any chance this is going into CVS soon? I think it is a
great feature.
------------------
This is mplayer or stream related. Normally, when mplayer is given a
playlist url (without the -playlist option), mplayer exists with "End Of
file" OR it reads the playlist anyway and starts playing. If mplayer
exists, the mythstream "harvester" can (and will) take over.

But if http://66.28.68.70:8005/listen.pls is started without the
-playlist option, mplayer reads the list (good), reconnects to the
correct stream url http://66.28.68.70:8005/ (good) and then just does
nothing (bad) and the harvester never kicks in. It looks like mplayer
*is* getting data, maybe mplayer thinks it's another playlist.

The stream plays fine when started with the -playlist option.
Unfortunately, you cannot specify the -playlist option in player.xml:
the two streams you specified will play, but it will mess up other
streams. What you can do: open a console and use wget [stream url] on
your failing stream urls to get the playlist, then load the real stream
url in mythstream.

This and related issues might be resolved in the future. High on my todo
list is a feature for decoding XML- and other playlists. You will then
be able to force streamtuned to use playlist parsing on a per-url basis.

Eric.