[mythtv-users] resume from last point during playback / screen saver function

Michael Fenston fenston-myth at san.rr.com
Sun Oct 31 03:39:25 UTC 2004

Hi,

Just wondering if the following two features are in mythtv somewhere and
I'm just not looking hard enough ... if not these are some feature requests:

1) with TIVO if you start playing something back you recorded and then
stop the recording by going back to the main menu you can view that
recording with an entry point that is the same as when you got out of it
(it has a resume button) ... I couldn't find this feature in mythtv and
actually use this a lot with the TIVO.  I have a PVR-350 card ... is
this a function of the ivtv driver?  Is this a HW limitation?

2) it is possible to leave the mythtv GUI onscreen to burn into the
television set.  Is there any way within myth to have an intellegent
screen saver such that if the GUI displays for too long the screen
either goes into live tv mode or displays some kind of screen saver?

Thanks,

-Mike